LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time Travel Thursday #58 & Talented Time Travelers in Focus #57


"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories.
Some take us forward, they're called dreams."
~Jeremy Irons~


Welcome to the 58th Time Travel Thursday linky party at the Brambleberry Cottage!
Are you ready to share your fondest memories, grandest dreams,
and most creative projects? Great!

First...
let's revisit some of the talented time travelers


We all love thriftin', right?  Well, you won't believe the goodies
Tami @ A Girls Gotta Nest found thrifting in her dad's garage
What you see above is just the tip of the iceberg.


What do you do when find something you like, but it doesn't quite fit your style?
You give it a makeover, of course.  This sweet little statue was
completely transformed by Judi @ Loving All Things Romantic.


Sincerely Retro took all the football fans on a walk down memory lane with a
peek at a magazine from 1963.


If you're in a pickle, looking for a cute way to display bathroom essentials,
visit Linda @ Nina's Nest for a simple,
yet charming solution.


This trendy setting actually revolves around a total redo of a once not-so-trendy chair. 
But twin sisters, Kahli and Milla of Design Par Deux took this piece
 from ho-hum to hip.


What's black and white and pink all over?  The answer...this very pretty
tablescape by Judy @ A Southern Belle Dishes on Decor .  There's a great
story behind the color combo, by the way.


Aren't these the most fabulous children's antique sewing machines?
They are the wonderful collection of Lambs and Ivy Designs, who also
has an Etsy shop filled with beautiful rose ribbonwork
embellishments.


There's a new DIYer in Blogland showin' off her talents.  So be sure
to run by and say hello to Kim @ Kimberlyann.  And while you're there,
note the sweet baby boy in a number of her pics.


Can you believe it's already time for school again?
Are you looking for some creative snacks for the kiddos?  Craft Zoo
shared a couple of tasty treats that are sure to be hits with the school crowd.


Do you like old houses?  Would you like to take a tour?  Then visit
Patti @ Pretty Old Houses and tour the charming home of her dear friend Joan.
And when you've finished that tour, you'll discover other pretty places
to ponder on Patti's blog.

Wow!!!  Lot's of great stuff linked up last week.
Now...can you top it this week?!

IF YOU LINK TO THE PARTY, PLEASE BE SURE TO LINK BACK TO THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE ON YOUR BLOG.


29 comments:

  1. How sweet are you!! Thanks for posting my flower pic...and I'm your newest follower. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, just linked up, thanks so much for hosting! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Time Travel Thursday!!! Sending ((hugs))) your way!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Liz for making a girl feel special and featuring my post, what an honor it is to have you as a host!

    Hugs,
    Tami @ A Girls Gotta Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I am so honored!! Thank you so much for featuring my, "Vintage NFL Football". It was fun posting it as I'm an avid football fan. I would love to see you feature your vintage magazines sometime, that is amazing that you have magazines that old. Thanks again for the featuring me. I really do appreciated and am so thrilled!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring me this week! I loved the goodies the girl found in her father's garage - love those folding rulers! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. great party! i can't wait to have something to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful time travel ! Thanx,an awesome post ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the feature on the armchair Liz we really appreciate it!

    http://designpardeux.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz, Sorry to link up twice. Not sure what happened to the photo on the first try. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting this week...my first time to enter. Some great features!
    Have a good evening.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for featuring my ottoman. I love the shoutout. Thanks for hosting. Can't wait to see more.
    Thanks!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting! Linked up and am sharing your party on our Thursday Linky Party post.

    gertie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Liz, I can't tell you how excited I am to be featured this week!! What an honor!! and the cherry on top? You mentioned my etsy shop!! You are so sweet!

    Thank you!!!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh, fun! Love the variety of blogs and subjects...the painted floor on the porch is wonderful! Thanks for hosting, Liz~
    shawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the invite to this great party! I'm following you and linked up my little note!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing,great work and photos!

    Have a nice day and weekend, kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love coming over here and seeing what all you have to show to perk up the week
    Thanks for linky pictures

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great party!!! Thanks for hosting every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was so excited when I found out you chose to feature me!!! Thank you so very much!!! I'm quite pleased with myself! LOL. My Monkey is loving the snack mixes, hope everyone else's Monkeys enjoy it too!!! Thanks for hosting! I love being here every week!!! Lots of great projects!!!

    craftyzoowithmonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Liz,

    Thank you for the hosting the party!!
    What great features from last week, some great collections and projects...
    Have a great weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great features! Thanks for hosting Liz!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for hosting this party. Glad to have stopped by. Beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Liz, thank you from the bottom on my heart for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I get very excited when someone does that! I am very excited to be featured next week on your blog. It is one I look to for lessons on blogging.
    So lovely to meet you. I'm a Kansas girl, born & bred, but my mother and grandmother were southerners through and through, so I feel some commonality with you. I'll definitely check-in with you next week! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Would love to steal that back porch! I'd live on that day in and day out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Liz,
    Thanks for stopping by and your nice comment. Thanks also for reminding me about your linky party......my brain isn't as sharp as it used to be so the reminder is greatly appreciated! I'm hoping to get some things completed this afternoon so I'll have something to link this week.
    Have a great week!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Liz, thanks for your encouraging words and your invitation to join more often! You got me all excited - I am such a beginner though. This time the make over comes with some in-depth story and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.